• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied; castile
    Sochi

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied
    maybe you need me or maybe you don't

She barely notices that the world explodes around her.

All of her attention is trained on the black cat who clashes with her. He is fast—faster than she expected—and it takes every inch to keep up with him. She feels his claws dig into her shoulder and tear; she roars, lashing out to retaliate, but he’s gone before she can hit a hit in. She feels his teeth against her neck and she is thankful for the folds of fur and skin that let her roll away with just punctured flesh.

In the end, the two only break apart when they are thrown through the portal and into Loess. 

Atrox rolls away from her, leaping to his feet in a motion far too graceful, and she is almost surprised to see the dark crimson stains of his own blood against the velvet of his fur. Still, his yellow eyes are electric and his feline smile spreads wide. “A pleasure, love,” he drawls, shaking his coat, turning on his heel, and then lunging in the other direction. Sochi blinks after him, wondering at who the hell he was.

But it doesn’t matter because he’s gone and she’s left alone.

Her legs tremble when she finally makes her way to them and she feels the way his claws ripped apart her chest and raked down her back. It stings, but already she can feel the way that her body begins to knit itself back together. It is slow, and painful, but she knows in a day or so, the flesh would be whole.

In the meantime, she turns exhausted eyes—burning with fire and ash—to Loess. It is hardly better than the land she left behind and she frowns as she considers the maze. Pieces of it pull back into the ground. Other pieces smoke from fire or are singed from where various powers cut through it.

That, much like her body, would be repaired in time too.

What she doesn’t see is her daughter, or her son, or even Castile. Frowning, she angles her head back before she begins to make her way forward, limping into Loess and searching for her family.

playing the slow rooms, howling at half moons
    if you are a Queen then, honey, I am a wolf

@[Castile] - no rush! I just figured they could have a new thread post-war.
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied; castile - by sochi - 05-21-2019, 11:15 PM