• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  dirty paws & glistening scales; any
    Standing before the pair of canines, aquamarine gaze notes the behavior between the new males. Jesper feels a reduction in his bounding pulse and, the stiff, erect hairs, between his shoulders, fall back into place. The equine lowers his poll ever-so-slightly as well. Even though he begins to wind down, sharp antennae remain hyper fixated on the pair. He listens closely to Crevan's words though, also notes the nonverbal cues, which speak just as loudly. The larger wolf offers himself to take point and, naturally, Jesper directs his gaze to match the striking, deep blue eyes of the beige canine.

The equine hears his name and purpose but, it is not until the male sits down that Jesper truly begins to process what has been said. Crevan. Where did he know that name from? It whispered from his past and, slowly, the black retraced his steps to Sylva. Of course, the initial memories he dredges up are tainted by Morty and Co. However, he cannot recall a direct experience with Crevan. Maugrim, Jackel (he briefly wonders how the smiling lady is these days and then, reminds himself that their encounter with her was not one of his proudest moments), Dynast, Drax, Astarael and Morty the clown himself all come to mind. Perhaps, the wolf lurked in the woods during those times but, did not actively participate. Or, maybe, the wolf was there before Morty; during Sabra's time. Jesper supposes he could simply remember him from any of the Kingdom meetings.

In any event, a shudder travels down the stallion's spine, which is enough to pull him from his musings. Despite the negative impression Sylva leaves behind, Jesper maintains his calm demeanor. He holds no reservations against either canine. On the contrary, the fox within him chirps and chuckles at the prospect of more canines joining him. If only Merida was about. He had yet to show her his sit! Pulling himself away from his tangent, Jesper re-addresses the pair. "By all means, make yourselves at home. If you are in need of any shelter, there is a cluster of trees on the northwestern side of the Isle. Also, as a territory of Nerine, we may seek shelter or, food, there. Certainly comes in handy when gearing up to hunker down."

He pauses as he mulls over his next words before continuing. "I hope you can understand that we do not get many visitors here. So, if I came off as suspicious, I do apologize. If I can offer any more insight, please let me know." Jesper plans to linger so long as the pair wish to engage with him. He stands, waitint patiently still, with mass balanced evenly across quad limbs until he hears a response from the canines. For all intents and purposes, the black accomplished what he needed to do. If neither of them have a further need, he is more than content to permit them to go about their mingling while he sees to other important matters.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Firen] @[Crevan]

Messages In This Thread
    dirty paws & glistening scales; any - by Firen - 05-21-2019, 10:27 AM
    RE: dirty paws & glistening scales; any - by Jesper - 05-29-2019, 10:01 PM