• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we take with us (Brennen, Birthing)
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    There is a tense feeling in the air, and he is not oblivious to it. But he would never casually invade another’s mind to find out why, so he supposes he’ll have to hope they grow more comfortable with each other as time passes. He’s not ready for a new romance; he’s still a little lost over Scorch, but he always feels a deep affection for the mothers of his children, even if their relationships never proceed beyond the platonic and the physical.

Brennen doesn’t have to try and read her mind to read the body language when he orders the colt out of the water, but he chooses to ignore it. It’s another thing that will resolve itself if they get to know each other better - he’s raised enough children to be pretty comfortable in his parenting methods. Yes, he’s often firm – but he’s in their corner to the end of the world.

Adria names the filly, and the bay stallion looks again at the girl with a swell of peaceful joy, memorizing the face and the feel of his youngest child. She doesn’t have a name picked for the colt, and he considers, watching the boy as he darts towards his mother, faster than most foals at such an incredibly tender age. “Luath,” he says, and it settles and feels right around them. He follows the trio further away from the water and into the trees, looking upwards towards the chattering voices of the parrots overhead. He’d left his parrot, the one who had followed him from Ischia to Nerine, behind when he appeared – his friend didn’t particularly like to teleport.

There’s a peaceful lull as the twins nurse for the first time, and she tentatively airs her concerns into it. Brennen inhales, considers, and focuses for a moment entirely on the little red mare, his amber eyes gentle in a way that contradicts his solemn face. “I would like to be involved,” he drawls, voice low enough that she’ll have to listen on purpose. “But you are their mother, and you did all of the hard work so far. You have a life here, in Ischia, and I have responsibilities in Nerine, but I can be here as much as you’ll let me. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable, or your life harder. I never want that. But I love them already.” His bright eyes flick back to the twins before returning to her face. “I would move mountains for them.”

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Adria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we take with us (Brennen, Birthing) - by Brennen - 05-20-2019, 09:24 PM