• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

will you rail against your dying day; isilya

The other mare’s warmth begins to creep through Leliana’s armor, and she can feel the ache in her bones respond to it. She can feel it begin to spread through her, leaving small fingerprints on her heart and throughout her veins. Enough that she can give the other a soft smile, a ripple effect of what she would usually be, an echo of the girl who once smiled so freely, who once gave her heart so openly.

Still, it is a start, and she drops her head slightly in acknowledgment.

When the other mare asks for her help, her ears tip forward, her expression turning more thoughtful. “I would love to help you out,” she offers, although she feels so new to politics. She has always known of them only in her peripheral; aware that they exist, but not fully embracing them.

It is strange that she must know them so intimately now.

Strange that she is to be so involved.

She can almost feel the weight of the crown settle onto her brow and she straightens slightly beneath it, her dragonfly wings pulling in closer to her sides. “Right now, Beqanna has four main quadrants where the kingdoms live. There is Nerine, led by Heartfire. Loess, led by Castile. Silver Cove, led by Dawn.” There is almost a frown on her face, but she washes it clean. “And Tephra, led by me.”

It feels odd to admit such a thing but she presses on. “We recently were touched by war,” her lips press together as she imagines her kingdom on fire, the volcano and the blood that had seeped into the ground. “You will always be welcome there, but I cannot promise that it will be the safest place.” She glances up again, finding the other magician’s gaze. “But if you ever wanted to visit, I could use help in rehabilitating the land. It is slow trying to heal the land after all the damage that she suffered.”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Isilya]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: will you rail against your dying day; isilya - by leliana - 06-08-2019, 02:07 AM