• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I could really use a wish right now, Ripley
    remarkable boy, I do admire your courage.
    I think I'll eat your heart

The thing about monsters is that sometimes they hunt in packs.

They had entered the forest a few nights ago, slinking back into this strange land that was once their home, and have been hunting during the nights ever since. Their master is somewhere near, otherwise they would not be around. For now they are left to their own devices to feed and it has been some time since they have had a chance to so they are eager to feel the blood and flesh within their dual prehensile jaws.

Truthfully, they had been stalking larger game when they crossed the trail of the filly. But they cannot be overly picky and the chance at an easy kill is too tempting for the pair to pass up. Better a little food now to regain some of their strength and they can fuss about filling their bellies to bursting later on.

The pair had separated and so the eyes that the child sees are those of Nostromo, the smaller of the two, while Ripley waits in the shadows far off to the side - still as a statue and silent.

When the filly speaks, it’s an invitation. Nostromo doesn’t understand the words she speaks, not really. She doesn’t understand anything about the unarmoured creatures that populate this land except where to strike to spill their lifeblood. She cannot possibly know that this little green creature is her aunt and she would not feel any familial connection even if she did know. Anything equine in Ripley died when her curse took over but Nostromo was never truly just a horse. The life of a monster is all she has ever known - her first memory was bursting out of the ribcage of a deceased host that had been unlucky enough to come across one of Ripley’s eggs. Her bloodlust has not faded since that day.

A few slow steps are taken, bringing Nostromo a few feet closer to the filly before she stops again. She could be seen easier now in what little light there is in this forest. The smooth, elongated dome of her skull, the angular cuts of the armor coating her body. The slow flick of a knife-wielding tail behind her.

The monster sniffs at the air quietly, her black eyes are swallowed up by the mask on her skull but they still catch the light, still glint enough that they would let the filly know she’s very much being watched.

For now Nostromo does nothing more than that - her simple presence is a threat, perhaps, or maybe just a curiosity.

Ripley continues to wait. Watching with hungry eyes to see what her daughter and her sister will do next.

ripley & nostromo
    XXVIII eaten to date-----

@[Evenstar] LOOK A REPLY FOR YOU

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could really use a wish right now, Ripley - by Ripley - 05-10-2019, 07:11 PM