• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  throw me into the fire ; leliana
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

She blinks, and she is back in the West.

Ravine grumbles at the heat and tucks himself under her legs, his gaunt frame hiding easily under her golden barrel. She worries for him – she had thought he would be bigger at least, with how badly her birthing had gone, but he seems healthy and strong despite his appearance. She wonders if it is his sire’s fault that he looks this way; the near-undead stallion certainly could have passed his looks along to the boy. It is nothing she can heal him of anyways, and believe me, she has tried. He looks different, but he is as healthy as all of her previous children, and that is all that she can be thankful for.

But now, she has more pressing issues. What kind of force had summoned her so strongly to Tephra, that she had simply appeared on her borders? She knows that Magnus is no magician, and she doesn’t believe he has one among his ranks – after all, with a magician, he would have needed little help from her in healing Rhaegor and their other ill. Has there been a changing of hands? Is this just the West’s way of calling her back home?

Smoke curls nervously from her mouth as she looks around, though deep down she knows that she has no reason to be so fearful. Tephra had always been good to her, even when the Resort had thrown their stones and cast her out, and allowed for her to be spirited away to Loess. She doesn’t mind Loess, but she knows that she had never been anything but a captive there – a pretty one, with incredible power, but a captive nonetheless. If she is here, does this mean that she is free? She trembles from her head all the way down to her hooves, feeling the invisible shackles of the past few years shrug off of her shoulders. Whatever the reason for being here... she is free.

@[leliana]

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    throw me into the fire ; leliana - by Cress - 05-07-2019, 10:36 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by leliana - 05-07-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by Cress - 05-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by leliana - 05-08-2019, 09:29 PM
    RE: throw me into the fire ; leliana - by Cress - 05-14-2019, 11:40 PM