• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Any)
    Others were different than her, or at least that’s what Kerrigan had explained.   Mother had then gone on to explain how ‘different’ wasn’t the same as ‘bad’ too.  She’d been told by the grey painted mare one day as they traced the lines of the herdlands, that some folks preferred to live in large groups for comraderie and protection and that one day Catcher would be able to make that choice of where to live when she was older.  But not now while she was still young, because mother was scared of something.  Of what, she couldn’t tell exactly, but she could see the hesitation and withdrawal in her mother’s eyes when she danced around catchers question of why they couldn’t live with others now.  Maybe mother would tell her someday.  

But now as she stares inquisitively at her new friend, no judgement is passed as the girl explains the look-see game she plays with her brother.  Truth be told, she doesn’t even understand the definition of judgment, or even that it’s a word at all. “I don’t know what an oddball is, but it sounds fun!”

Standing as tall as she possibly could manage, as if it might help her see over the trees where Loess might indeed be, she spun a full circle around them while scenting the air. Feeling defeated, she lowered her eyes as her ears drifted sideways, “I’m sorry, I don’t.”. As the silence followed, she kicked at a small stone in front of her until it flipped over, revealing the damp underside of it.  She watched as the worms wriggled in the soil, brought on from the exposure that the stone had once shielded them from.  It was always like gazing upon a brand new wonder; a hidden world only revealed by changing what you could.

That was when the thought struck her, that maybe she could find Loess and help her companion.  Nearly jolting out of her skin, her skinny legs began to dance in place excitedly. Quickly, she glanced around them again, as if her mama bear might jump out and scold her for even having such a thought.  Oh, but mother would be so cross with her if she found out she were going to use her juvenile powers. 

Content that Kerrigan wasn’t going to pop out, grab her by the horn, and drag her away, her fierce gaze found Eyas’. “I have an idea.  Think you could go for a nap?”

———————-

Minutes bled by, and soon after first closing her eyes, Catcher opened them to the brilliant sunshine of the veiled world her father had introduced her to.  Donning a new pair of fiery chestnut wings, the unicorn looked to where the original pegasus now stirred, now sporting a fully mature set of wings herself. 

“I’m not strong enough to hold us here for long,” she shouted, loping into a clearing just as soon as Eyas had stood.  “Let’s go find your home!,” she yelled with a final heave, launching herself into the waiting sky.

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Any) - by Catcher - 08-13-2019, 07:06 PM