• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's hard to stop what you can't see; litotes

— I'll break you a hundred different ways —

One thing about Beqanna that never changed, no matter how often the land did, was the way the lands and kingdoms operated. Even though he had not spent much time in them when he was younger (neither of his parents had been involved at that time), he knew enough. It was why he wasn’t surprised that he had hardly made it beyond the invisible border before he was discovered. But the way in which the pale stallion appeared was enough to cause a brief twitch of surprise in his otherwise stoic face; he had spent so much time on his own that he was still growing accustomed to the idea that nearly everyone possessed some sort of magic. Nothing at all like when he was younger, and magic of any kind was so sparse.

He recovers quickly enough, shifting and re-positioning his silver wings before saying in the flat, rather monotonous way that he had of speaking, “Interesting greeting tactic.” Despite the cool undertones, there was nothing hostile in his demeanor. Whatever demons he may harbor, they were kept locked and silent. Not even the memories of the blood he had spilled across the Pangean soil was enough to stir them alive, and so he regards the other stallion with something that could almost be considered amicable.

“I was in Loess and heard a rumor Pangea was under new leadership,” Which was not something he would normally take an interest in. Loess, it turned out, was a hub of excitement and activity, between a previous prisoner now leading Tephra, and whatever had transpired with the East – that was before his time there.  It was interesting what you could learn when you simply sat silent in the shadows, though he supposes his niece wouldn’t hesitate to fill him in on the details should he ask her. “That must be you.”

— and I'll make you remember my face —

Nightlock

@[litotes]

he's awkward and quiet, sorry.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's hard to stop what you can't see; litotes - by Nightlock - 05-11-2019, 02:21 PM