• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane

His head lifts, adjusting itself to the shape of his wife’s face when she burrows into his chest for comfort. Wordlessly he shares in her concerns, knowing that the security of their life before this one has been overturned in favor of new leadership. But it wasn’t by choice (she must understand) and if Wolfbane could have things his way, he would turn back time in order to set everything right again. There is remorse inside of him, mixed with a determination to make things as good as he can while he still has that freedom. It’s why he continues to try and make something of himself here; for Lepis he would move mountains.

Rising up from his sides, the folded bend of his wings edge forward and slide underneath her own. Wolfbane places the knobby, soft radiale bones on either side of her weary shoulders and rolls them methodically, hoping to soothe her unspoken tension by way of a gentle massage. When she pulls back they fall away, Bane tilts his head and tries to mirror her smile in the soft dark.

“I know what you mean.” He admits. There’s no fear of being open-hearted in her presence. “If it were anyone but Castile… ” The stallion mutters, trying to suppress his rising frustration. He flicks his eyes away from her and the hopelessness she feels, sending his gaze out across the lowlands of their home which seem mystical and quiet in the light of the Hunter moon, and searches for an answer that doesn’t come.

“I don’t know why Vulgaris did it, but the past no longer matters. I felt that taking action against him was right - justified even.” Her mate admits coolly, feeling the stiff ridge of hair along his neck undulate from a passing breeze. Lovingly, he returns from that faraway place in his mind and focuses again on the silver lines of her face. How many nights had they spent together now? It still doesn’t seem like enough. “If I can take away your worries tell me how, Lepis. I would do it in heartbeat.”

His mouth twists down and lowers to her forehead, simultaneously kissing and breathing her familiar skin before his eyes close altogether. I would swim the oceans and fly the heavens, if it meant your happiness Bane thinks.

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 05-05-2019, 09:48 AM