• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim

Ophanim

Everyone seems to think he’s a smooth-talking angel with an arsenal of witticisms hidden up his sleeve. The truth of the matter is, however, he just says whatever comes to mind and it always works out for him for some reason. Except now. His mind goes blank and he doesn’t know how to tell her how easy it is to love her even when he’s alone so much of the time. Ophanim can’t begin to explain how happy he is to bend over backwards and move mountains all in the name of her love. She never had to force his hand or bend him into place because he is the ever-ready servant of her heart. He breathes because it pleases her.

His name across her lips sets his skin on fire in the most pleasant way. Such a delight to burn for her. His perfect white wing presses its golden eyes to her back and hugs her close to him like she might drift away to the stars above them. Ophanim buries his face in her neck and devours every inch of her exposed skin in kisses despite the hurt still weeping from his fresh wounds. She speaks, and he believes her so eagerly, as he always has. How could he ever stop trusting her when she’s been so good to him? A girl like Starsin could pick any boy she wanted to call her own but she chose the one with the crooked halo and golden tears.

He sighs against the wet lines of her face as she tells him that yes, he is enough for her. His bright blue eyes open as she asks a question that he could easily answer. How, though, could he show her that the others meant nothing? They never stirred his heart the way the mere sight of her does. Perhaps they had been pretty or kind, he doesn’t remember, but they were dead embers at the foot of a phoenix.

Only you,” he whispers softly as he maps more greedy kisses along her jaw. “It has always been only you. I’m so full of love for you, Starsin, there could never be room for anyone else.

Except perhaps their baby, he supposes, and the thought distracts him enough to notice the curve of her belly for the first time. His breath shudders from his lungs as he wonders what their firstborn will be like. Maybe it will be all galaxies and ancient secrets within its eyes like its mother, he thinks. Or it could be fire and gold like him. Either way, this heir will be the embodiment of his love for her.

I’m sorry for being stupid. I didn’t think of how much it would hurt you. I was too selfish and too blind.

He kisses her temple and leans his face against hers as his brows remain furrowed together in shame.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Starsin - 04-26-2019, 01:39 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 05-02-2019, 10:31 PM