• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i used to say i was free; virgo
    there’s no part of scripture that ever prepared you for his hands - hands that map
    a communion in the cradle of your hips. hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    She dreams in shades of red and blurs of black. Her world came to a halt and she let it crumble between her limp fingers the day she found her baby’s corpse there in the playground. Virgo wakes up every morning dreading her existence and regretting ever letting them out of her sight now. Scorpio has grown up, strong but silent with eyes that weep with terror. Normally she would rebuild her strength in the warmth of Caw’s embrace but their marriage bed has been as empty as she’s felt the past year. She’s alone with her thoughts and the image of her daughter’s innards splayed across the grass every time she closes her eyes.

Virgo eats only for the sake of the tiny life wriggling within her womb, occasionally kicking with its soft hooves. She loves this baby already but she’s terrified of giving birth again. What if this one dies too? How could she possibly keep both her children safe? She swallows hard and tries to brush the fears from her mind as Scorpio comes into view. Her skin changes to a soft golden color and her torso fills out to look healthier. She forces some shine into her coat so he won’t notice how hollow she feels.

She lightly touches her face to his cheek and kisses his forelock from his face with gentle lips. Her touch lingers there, lightly leaning against him as she closes her eyes and exhales weakly. In another life, maybe another time, she would be a good mother to him.

We’re going to have another baby,” she whispers to him like some precious secret meant only for them. Her voice is strained but the tired smile on her face is sincere all the same. “I love you more than anything, Scorpio. And I know you tried.

Her eyes go all dewy and she blinks to keep herself from crying.

I know you tried.
    Virgo
    he confesses how long he’s looked for a place to worship
    and, oh, you put him on his knees.
    @[Scorpio]

Messages In This Thread
    i used to say i was free; virgo - by Scorpio - 04-24-2019, 04:54 PM
    RE: i used to say i was free; virgo - by Virgo - 05-01-2019, 07:39 PM