• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm alright today; any
    Ausra

Abysm, his name takes its place in her mind, resting neatly atop a thousand others but there is something about the color and shape of it that will stand out no matter how many new acquaintances stack up on top of it. There are a few like that, reminding her of treasured articles from the collections of possessions she’d assembled in past lives, little things that caught the eye no matter how often they were seen. Whatever the reason for this, it is pleasant to connect with someone so quickly, even if the encounter sours in the end as many often do. Ausra does not shy from connection no matter the risks.

She has seen many meadows and things like meadows but the way he speaks of it tells her that it is a commons of sorts. The lushness of the flora despite how much the place must be frequented does make her wonder about the cycles of seasons in this world and how the plants so thrive but she is not about to spend her time in this feral form working at being a scholar. “No, I am not from these parts or from parts around them.” Comes her reply because he watches her with enough intensity to indicate true interest rather than obligatory nicety.

In a blink he is close, nose to nose, their breath colliding before she has the chance to toss her head or be surprised. The flightiness of her body is suspended by the sensation of that brief touch, and the tension that flips toward attraction and tumbles back again.  He is gone again, back to the place he’d been just before, though the breath she next takes still smells of him.

“I cannot do that…?” Her soft statement curves upward at the end like a question because she isn’t sure. This body might come with some enhancement she has not discovered but the Traveler doubts it. She resorts the more mundane method of taking a few steps nearer to the stallion and then stopping so that there remains still a couple of body lengths between them. “And are you from here Abysm? What do you fold together to be before me and then away again?” The question might sound like nonsense she realizes, the words she chose influenced by her histories instead of being tempered for her audience. She has folded things herself, spaces and moments, in other past spaces and moments by means both fantastic and scientific She cannot help the occasional slip when something overstimulates her natural curiosity.  

i've had dreams of you in places i've not seen

@[abysm]  Wink

Messages In This Thread
    i'm alright today; any - by Ausra - 04-21-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by abysm - 04-21-2019, 09:48 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by Ausra - 04-27-2019, 04:00 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by abysm - 06-23-2019, 09:20 AM
    RE: i'm alright today; any - by Ausra - 06-29-2019, 07:59 PM