• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offer you a better life; Litotes

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

My mind is full of emotions, hence my fixed, friendly expression. A diplomat’s and mostly, peace-keeper’s, face at the base of everything that is thrown at me.

I want him to be my friend, like I want everyone to be; unfortunately he feels fit to cast me out because I’ve associated with someone who wronged him (way after I became attached to her). Alas, it seems that he is not capable of forgiving anyone for having been a friend of Kagerus’. He’ll find out soon enough how many of those live in the Silver Cove, but I’m not about to tell him. I listen, I feel disappointed, and I let my sadness at his inability to look past my former friends to who I am now.

But it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that we will hear his opinion when we need it, whether we like it or not (in fact, that Dawn and Clayton hear it, whether they like it or not). I’ll not be able to always guide them - in fact, I’ve had quite enough of ruling by now. I just need to find out if Castile means to start a war with us, or not. That’s all I need. Then I’ll go.

I nod to him, this is his choice and not mine. ”I’ll call a meeting shortly - that’s going to be the last time you’ll have to bother with me, I promise.” I smile a bit, and take my leave.

Perhaps he remembers that I’m in a similar position as Kagerus - I could simply cast him out and choose another general. But while we have been friends as long as I had lived in Beqanna, we differ like night and day. I choose to trust him. In time, I hope he can learn to trust someone once more in his life. (Someone that is not a child he raised himself, in fact, because those children are always biased.)

A girl can hope.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[litotes]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 04-17-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 04-25-2019, 04:48 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 04-27-2019, 10:07 AM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 05-04-2019, 07:40 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 05-06-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 05-09-2019, 03:21 AM