• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't have my head on straight ; starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She had escaped the effects of the plague right up until the very end; when the mountain shook and took with it the last bits of magic, and the plague strengthened and spread. She had never even realized that it had lain dormant in her veins this entire time. She remembers watching as Ophanim had succumbed to the symptoms, and she had never understood why she never did. It wasn’t as though she had kept away from him; there was every reason for her to have been ill, too. How peculiar that she had harbored the sickness in her this entire time, and instead of displaying symptoms, she had only spread it. To Ophanim, and apparently to Vadar (he blamed her, as if she had done it on purpose – ironic that the one thing she actually had no control over is what someone finally decides to try and call her out on).

But she cannot hide it now, and when she stands before him all glossy-eyed and fever-stricken, she doesn’t need her mind reading to see the way his face twists in disgust. All it does however is incite a roll of her eyes, accompanied by an exasperated sigh as she says irritably, “Oh seriously, how did you survive the plague this long if you can’t handle a little cough and blood?” Her eyes narrow for a moment, and briefly she seriously contemplates smearing the blood from her nose across his shoulder. That would piss him off for sure, but, she had decided awhile ago that Oxytocin was someone she would make an attempt to not have him despise her the way almost everyone else did. And so she sighs again, loudly, and takes an exaggerated step backwards from him. “Is that better, princess?” But the smile that edges across her lips is one of amusement, betraying the sarcasm that laced every syllable of her words.

“I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think any of us will be bored for much longer,” She continues, her black tail flicking idly at her hocks, but she does not elaborate. Her gaze shifts to stare towards the west, as though she can see beyond the forests that separates Loess from Tephra, and when she looks back to the older male, there is something like a shadow that has crossed her face, her voice suddenly quiet, calculating. “If it came to it, would you defend Loess?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

I feel like our timeline is a lil screwy since the plague has been healed. I'm also pretending that Starsin knows Leli is Queen of Tephra now - would make sense she would have to leave Loess to go do that - so she is suspicious that Leli might want to retaliate, but she doesn't know yet, obviously.

@[Oxytocin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't have my head on straight ; starsin - by Starsin - 05-13-2019, 12:32 AM