• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Take the long way back to me; Clayton, Any.

Today was as good as any for a change of scenery. Adria was tired of dwelling in Hyaline’s lake through the seasons, wondering if and when she’d start journeying out again. Summer was here for god’s sake, the Eastern lands were shifting and changing. It was time she left the sanctuary territory for brighter shores.

With a smile and a quaint song to hum, the lovely Nereid escaped the confines of her favorite home and went ashore for a brief journey. It wouldn’t take her long to pass through the outer edge of Hyaline’s new borders and slip back into the sea, where a large inlet separated the mountains from their eastern cousin - Silver Cove.

She thought of how that was Clayton’s home now, how he was training to become the leader of their great cities and had told her as much when they’d both taken the trip into Adria’s world. Just the thought of them pressed together for warmth underneath the lake made her smile all the wider as she swam, and playfully the seamare swirled the salty ocean around her before her hooves came to touch the wet sands of the Cove’s shoreline.

There was nothing better than sweet surprises, and her intention was to surprise Clayton as he so often surprised her.

Rising from the foaming water, her mane cascading nearly to the edge of her knees and her tail dragging on the ground behind her, Adria swept onto the ground looking every bit the water goddess she’d been born to be. Like Eva, like her mother Nyxa, like so many of the dangerous kelpies out looking for prey, Adria had been sculpted for beauty and grace to lure land-dwellers from the safety of their homes and into her watery embrace.

Her narrow, elegant head lifted and her mouth parted to call out for him, but the sound of a voice very much not her own beat the little seahorse to it. Clay came the informal name, and the little water mare’s heart skipped a beat. She knew she shouldn’t approach the source, but painful curiosity overcame her. She headed inland and kept her eyes wide in search of the other female.

What do I mean to you? came the words again, as Adria rounded a soft bend and saw who could ask Clayton such a thing. There stood another girl, patiently waiting for the stallion Adria had mistakenly begun to adore herself. “Yes Clayton.” The Nereid added, still wet from her swim across the bay. “I’d like to know as well.”

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Clayton] @[Caelestra] I couldn't help myself

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Take the long way back to me; Clayton, Any. - by Adria - 04-17-2019, 04:44 PM