• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen../ Any
    The space that the other mare puts between them is removed when the stranger takes a step forward. Despite that, the words that Lethy speaks are timid, and Lepis’ ears flick forward in sudden concentration, focusing on the younger horse in a way she had not done before. Lepis is far less worried about ambush here in her home than she had been for the last year, but it will take her unconscious mind longer to drop the habit of always searching for danger.

Now her own smile is less stiff (though it had never been less than passably polite), and her weight shifts to one side as though she settles. Lethy continues to speak, and her confidence appears to grow as her story unfolds. She gives a name that Lepis recognizes – Kensa – but that is all it is: a name and the title of importance that might well be as outdated as Lepis’. Half of the Caretaker pair that Kagerus had spoken of is captive in Loess, after all. Captive is likely not the right word anymore, the blue-haired mare muses idly, his allegiance appears to have permanently settled here in the south.

It seems that Lethy is exploring Beqanna, and Lepis is reminded of her bold son. Her smile softens for a moment as the buckskin mare speaks, complimenting Loess and then offering a graceless curtsy. It’s not the show of respect that settle Lepis’ decision, but rather the admiration of her home. She has no title to respect, after all, and Loess has always been more important than anything.

“I’m Lepis,” she tells the visitor. “And this is Loess.” The mare steps slightly to the side, allowing an unobstructed view of the rolling hills that stretch behind her. “Farther west – where the red forest begins – is Sylva, and farther south is the Brilliant Pampas.” It has been long enough that there is no shadow in her eyes at the mention of Sylva, but her gaze does not linger long on the eternally autumn woods in the far distance.

“I’ve lived in every southern land, but Loess is – in my opinion – the best. I was born here though, so perhaps I am a little biased.” The navy and gold mare rolls her shoulders in an easy shrug to acentuate her words, then turns her stormcloud gaze back to Lethy before asking: “Would you like me to show you some of the kingdom, or are you more of a solitary explorer?” Everyone ahs their preferences, and Lepis knows better to presume. Of course, if Lethy would rather explore on her own, Lepis knows what she’ll be doing this afternoon: keeping an eye on Lethy from the sky above.

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen../ Any - by Lepis - 04-13-2019, 09:33 AM