• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all is fair in love and war; ANY

It was no one’s fault after all, but her own, that no one knew her. That she was a shadow, a flower hidden by the trees. The only connection she had ever felt had been to Kerberos, to a guy she had watched become the best dad ever to Kali. To Kali whom she loved as if she were really family. Her crush had finally fizzled, she had realize that she was never going to be anything more than...well not what she wanted. She didn’t really know what she was to Kerberos. A little sister? A friend? She had never been brave or daring enough to ask.

She had never wanted to break that fragile truce between them.

She bristles when he calls them incestual, her eyes narrowing but she doesn’t give into the urge to want to snarl back at him. She doesn’t give him more than the physical reaction to give into his satisfaction of riling her up. She snorts, ears having fallen back into the wind-blown tangles of her mane.

“I stood tall for Kali, the one who met you first.” And Kerberos she doesn’t say, trying to let it go, trying to not let it hurt. “Because she is family.” She says simply. “I would not have her hurt in her defense of her home.” The irritation she had felt begins to melt away, at least for now. She purposely didn’t answer his question, perhaps wouldn’t unless he asked again.

His breath is warm, she can feel the last bits of it as he exhales. “You still haven’t asked.” She says, a small smile curling the very corners of her lips. She is wary of him, it can be seen the way that she angles her head just slightly away from his own, giving her more of a view in case he decides to lunge, but she doesn’t move away from him. She doesn’t let him think he scares her. Her eyes gleam with her own mischief, tinted with that edge of wariness about the unknown.

His last question, the brief bit of spite along his lips, makes her smile a bit wider. A small laugh slipping past her lips. “No, I highly doubt it, seeing as how I would return when I wished.” A wry look, an amused quirk of her lips let him know she would only be a captive by choice.

Roma

the night is dark and full of terrors

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Roma - 04-01-2019, 01:53 AM
    RE: all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Castile - 04-03-2019, 03:43 PM
    RE: all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Roma - 04-03-2019, 08:08 PM
    RE: all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Castile - 04-05-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Roma - 04-05-2019, 08:48 PM
    RE: all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Castile - 04-19-2019, 10:38 AM
    RE: all is fair in love and war; ANY - by Roma - 04-20-2019, 07:15 AM