• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Never land inside my hand; Amet

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

It doesn't take long for someone to appear: not Kensa, this time. I didn't really expect her to be the first, having picked up her scent so frequently in the Field. I know she works hard to make this place a home for everyone - which leaves the other Primarch to be the one greeting visitors, I see.

But that suits me well - it's him I wanted to get to know. As he greets me, I dip my head slightly. "Amet," I acknowledge, "I'm glad to finally meet you in person." I give him a smile, then nod to his question. "The Cove is steady. I've not come for business today - if an ambassador is ever really off duty," I add with a shrug, but then walk with him - slowly, as my body is ever heavier, but steadily as this is not the first time I've set foot here, not even with a pregnant belly.

"I'm Ilma," I tell him on the way, "I've heard others speak of you with high regard, so I couldn't help but be curious if you'd meet up to the expectations." I'm teasing him, I know, and he probably knows too. But nobody ever said one'd have to be all-serious in being a diplomat.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Amet]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Ilma - 03-16-2019, 09:30 AM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Amet - 03-16-2019, 07:51 PM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Ilma - 03-23-2019, 07:57 AM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Amet - 03-30-2019, 10:03 AM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Ilma - 04-06-2019, 07:37 AM