• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece, Misfit & triplets
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

Chryseis is familiar with what Briseis had been like when she was a little girl, and it only takes a few seconds of seeing how the black mare immediately pulls the colt close to her to see that her mother hasn’t changed. She can recall clearly how it used to drive her mad; how even though she loved her mother dearly she used to spend her days plotting how she was going to sneak away at night. It was only with gentle prodding from her father that she had ever been allowed to do anything, though ironically enough, just when Briseis had slowly began to relinquish her hold, Leilan tightened his in an effort to keep her safe.

She had been a well loved child, at least.

But watching the black mare preen over her younger sibling didn’t make her feel sorry for him; she knew he was lucky. They were both lucky, to be born to a mother that would die for them.

When he intrudes on her space, all she can do is laugh. She knew that she herself could be pushy and bold, and instead of being irritated by it, she responded by landing a teasing nip at the crest of his neck, snatching just a few of the hairs of his mane in her teeth. “Who are the triplets?” She asks quizzically, glancing to her mother for an explanation, but true to her form she is off onto the next topic before Briseis can answer. “I’ll show you, but you should back up, unless you want frostbite. ” There is a grain of truth to her words, even though she says it with a laugh. She waits for him to back away — or not, but she knows he will once he feels it — before erecting the nearly invisible shield. Through the strained light of the forest, only a few threads of the frosted, vapor-like veil can be seen, hovering around her. It doesn’t emit enough cold to be felt from a distance, but at a closer proximity — inches, if that — he may feel a slight drop in temperature, though true damage would only happen by a constant, steady contact.

But the disruption of the shadowy figure suddenly colliding with Misfit causes her to falter, the aura disappearing abruptly as she stares at the golden-eyed creature. She looks to Briseis, who doesn’t appear to be the least bit alarmed — like a shadow erupts and attacks her son every day. “This is Haunt,” Briseis answers her daughter before she can even ask, perhaps a little amused by the look of alarm on her face. “One of Ether’s triplets that Misfit was talking about.”

Ether. The named sparks something in Chryseis’ memory, of a day over a year ago, when her mother had come to Nerine. She had spoken of him, and even though Briseis was quiet and reserved, the simmer that still lingered in her eyes had been undeniable. Now, it brought a knowing smirk to her dark lips, as she cast her mother an amused simper. “One of Ether’s triplets, hm? How interesting,” And she can only laugh when she is shot what would be Briseis’ version of a warning glare, but she is already turning her attention to the dark form that had currently tangled itself around Misfit. “How did you do that? The shadow thing, I mean.” She has still not lost her fascination for Beqanna’s magic, especially something she has not seen before. Her curiosity is usually what got her into trouble, but it almost always led her to interesting friends. “I’m Chryseis, by the way.” Her introduction was still an afterthought when something else had her attention; at least one thing about her that has not changed.

chryseis

@[Misfit]
    @[Haunt]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece, Misfit & triplets - by Chryseis - 03-11-2019, 01:24 AM