• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece, Misfit & triplets
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

For the first time in her young life, things are finally quiet. It wasn’t like her to lay low and melt into the backdrop, but when her and Rhaegor had returned from Island Resort, she hadn’t cared about much else besides him. He settled the wild and chaotic parts of her, but not in a confining way, and she loved him all the more for it.

Still, it didn’t replace her family. It was on this cold morning that the ache in her heart was a little deeper than usual, and she realized it wasn’t going to go away. She missed her mother. She missed her father, and she missed Breckin, and her sisters. As she watched the golden light of dawn as it rose over the volcano, she decided to head towards Nerine. She wasn’t sure where to find her mother — Briseis has always been wayward and wandering — but she knew someone had to be in Nerine.

She heads north, winding her way through the thick forests of Taiga. It was noticeably colder beneath the canopy of the trees, and she finds her blue roan coat pulling tighter over her lithe frame. Tephra was almost always warm, and it had been so long since she last ventured elsewhere that even in the midst of winter, her coat was sleek and short.

To her right, in the distance, she can hear a familiar voice. She immediately stops, stilling her breathing as she strained to listen, singling out the voice away from the bird song and the rustle of limbs. Her heart flutters in her chest, a smile instantly breaking across her face as she nearly bounds through the shadow and brush. “Mom!” She calls as soon as the black mare comes into view, and even though there is a boy next to her, it does not deter her as she nearly collides into her.

There is a moment of pleasant surprise on Briseis’ face when she sees the familiar gold-blazed girl, a warm sensation filling her heart. “Chryseis,” Her own voice is so soft in comparison to her bold daughter, but she welcomes her into an embrace all the same. “My beautiful girl, I’ve missed you.”

“I missed you too,” Chryseis says into her mother’s dark mane, a contented sigh expelling from her lips before she pulls away. Finally, she turns her attention to the blue-pointed boy, and though she says nothing, her eyes flicker to her mother’s expectantly.

Briseis responds by touching her lips to the colt’s neck, her teeth dragging through his lengthening mane fondly before looking back to her first born. “This is your brother, Misfit.” She offers nothing else; no explanation on who his father was, although it was fairly clear he wasn’t a full sibling to begin with. But with her lips still caressing across his smoke-colored skin, it was evident that she loved him, just in the same way she loved Chryseis — and just the way she would love the new child growing inside of her.

“I’m Chryseis,” the gold-blazed girl says with an amicable smile, extending her muzzle to just barely touch his. She withdraws, having never met any siblings besides Breckin’s twins — and she was still a little confused, but if there was worry about her mother, she doesn’t show it. Chryseis herself hadn’t been born out of love; it didn’t surprise her that her mother would have another child, with someone else.

chryseis

@[Misfit] @[Haunt]

Ignore the fact this is utter trash. 

Harken & Harbinger should join too!

Messages In This Thread
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece, Misfit & triplets - by Chryseis - 03-04-2019, 01:26 AM