• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Firestarters always get the burns

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

I am silent for a long while, simply hoping he doesn’t leave right away. I can be stubborn like that; in that way perhaps we are opposites; him the softer man beneath hard layers of anger and cold heat, me the stubborn core that won’t give, underneath so much softness and warmth; friends despite everything because what we see in the other is something we admire.

My silence is slowly condemning and deafening, and so I have to say something, do something. ”I wanted to see what you have become. Forgive me for not being too jubilant about the way you conquered this new home of yours, or the way in which you’ve expanded this family of yours.” My words are harder than the tone beneath; I came because of rumours and didn’t exactly like the carelessness with which he handles it. In fact, all I have left is perhaps disappointment, and my soft tone reflects it. I had hoped he would be better, but he’s volatile and although I know he means well sometimes, I also just now find, that some other times he doesn’t care what others think or feel. But I can’t judge him for past actions if his leading role will help him grow into what he could have been. So I rest my case. Perhaps he will continue to change.

”I’ve come looking for some form of peace. I don’t know if I found it yet, but that’s more to do with me than you. At least you’re taking care of your inhabitants as far as I can see. I hope you’ll consider each and every one of them family, one day.” I take a deep breath, then step away. Despite what he’d said, despite my disappointment, I know that I do in fact feel like he needs a mother - but lecturing him, like he calls it, is not the way to go and so I’ll go.

Before I spread my wings one more time, I look back to him, my face neutral though my tone is warm. ”I hope your life brings you what you need.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Castile] figured I could end it here!
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 02-20-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 03-23-2019, 08:25 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 04-03-2019, 09:59 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 04-06-2019, 07:21 AM