• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Firestarters always get the burns
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Ilma edges closer, perhaps against her better judgment, and traces her eyes across the rigidity of Castile’s. He watches her intensely, predatorily, as his guard. Even amid the chaos that she witnessed and experienced, despite realizing his fiery temper, she still closes the space between them until she is just within his reach. The heat of her body is like fingers extending toward him, but he doesn’t meet her. Instead, his hooves stay rooted to their place. His head lifts, looking down at her with uncertainty and questioning as she still inches nearer until their skin touches for the first time. Many would perceive her reckless if they saw her now, facing a monster with compassion in her eyes and heart.

So few have been tender with him – at least to this level – and he is taken aback by the unexpected gesture. He says nothing, does nothing. Only Isobell, mother even, have been so gentle and loving toward him. The intimacy has never been extended to someone outside their family. Sochi is close – so dear to him – but their fiery, predatory nature creates something beautifully heated between them. Not even Reia’s mother is this sweet and delicate.

As confused as he is, Castile doesn’t retract from her touch. He simply watches without returning it. He doesn’t fold into her or clutch her tightly, but he isn’t cold toward her either.

Seconds melt into minutes until Ilma releases him and steps back to search his eyes, her mouth smearing into a honeyed smile. ”I’ve accepted what I am,” what he has become over the past decade. Change has been the only constant in his life – how odd is that? ”You saw me after I discovered Solace left me, after I lost my chance to help raise my children from foals – I’ve since found them – and after I realized how much I failed.” He doesn’t mention Sabra to her. Even as he increasingly grew attached to Sabra, Solace forever had a larger piece of him. She always had. ”I’ve since learned to survive, to be independent, to thrive. I’ve since found a home to raise my family.” His voice is stern with an underlying tone of reassurance because despite everything, Ilma still cares for him and sees him as a soft-hearted man underneath the dragon armor and fire.

For that, he would never harm her.

”I don’t need another mother, Ilma,” he half jokes, knowing they are similar in age but steered in different directions. ”I don’t,” he suddenly says, reflecting on all the lessons he has experienced and learned from, ”and you shouldn’t either. I’m not the same man you met years ago. There is much you could still learn about me.” With life’s changes, Castile has always adapted, but Ilma wants to see him as he was years ago – teetering between depression and madness. That simply isn’t him anymore. He has settled and grown into himself. He has accepted what he is, what monster lies within him. Sighing and with a slow, thoughtful blink, Castile asks, ”Did you come here to lecture me, Ilma?” A feeble, lopsided grin appears, softening the hard lines of his face.

castile

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 02-20-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 03-23-2019, 08:25 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 04-03-2019, 09:59 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Castile - 04-05-2019, 10:10 AM
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns - by Ilma - 04-06-2019, 07:21 AM