• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Island Resort: Round 2

{ and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times }

If it weren't for the grievous wound suffered on the part of the shark just minutes ago, I might have labelled this quest the easiest of the four. No blizzard, no eldritch monster, no natural disaster, just gorgeous white sand and a clear blue sky overhead. I grunt as I gaze up at the firmament, eyes squeezed shut as I administer some sorely needed dream pain-relief. The effects could last from two minutes long to half an hour, but I don't have time right now to decipher which it will be, instead banking on the hope that it will be enough to get me to wherever I need to go.

I open my eyes, shake away the sleep. My leg feels fine, but when I look back at it, its strange, crumpled form is more than enough to send a shot of anxiety through me.

Velk will heal it later, I hear. Jolting, I look up with a shaken smile to find Panthera's angry amber gaze. For now, let's go - we're heading to the beach.

Following with my eyes to the vaste whiteness that the leopard indicates, I momentarily hesitate. The last time, months ago when this all began up north in Icicle Isle, the correct path had been to the right; I had chosen wrong by going to the left. A part of me wants to follow the masses to the right once more, but when I look around myself at all those gathered, I glimpse only a small child heading to the beach. Something about that vision lends me solace.

All right, I agree dispassionately, somewhat foggy due to the pain-relief I'd self-administered. Let's go.

And, limping, we head to the left, toward the empty beach.

KAGERUS

Caretaker of The Sanctuary
    Lover of Solace
    Immortal, antlered Dreamweaver

""

Kagerus goes left, to the empty beach.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Island Resort: Round 2 - by Beqanna Fairy - 02-17-2019, 03:26 PM
    RE: Island Resort: Round 2 - by Lochwood - 02-17-2019, 05:11 PM
    RE: Island Resort: Round 2 - by brigade - 02-17-2019, 06:01 PM