• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes;

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Castile’s scent is fresh on the wind. The lion hardly takes notices for it has becomes so normal; instead, he casts a wayward glance to the direction it floats from, secretly hoping the dragon man will pay him a visit.

There is a twinge of excitement at the idea of discussing his dreams with Castile. After a terribly uncalled for dismissal, Litotes is itching to know what his worth truly is to the king. Perhaps he will be released from his prison; perhaps this will make his stay far more interesting. His mind replays the cat that so pointedly called him “a disappointment.” The grin that exposes his teeth can only be described as impish. Whatever crazed thumb the Queens thought they could squash him under turned out to be no matter - and he finds Kagerus terribly naive to think he would not rise to her blatant insult. He wonders how a single steal and a single quip could send one who claims to be so pure-hearted over the edge; afterall, she has no knowledge of the anger he masks.

Litotes does not want to answer to someone so controlling and prideful, anyway.

When Castile utters his name - plucked so easily from a previous encounter - the lion swivels his ears with interest. He rises with a stretch, keeping his glimmering eyes locked on the one that matches. So Solace did ask for his release? That no longer comes as a surprise after the dreamscape from a few nights before, though he does cock a brow. The “I declined” that follows also fails to astonish him - the king did not seem particularly relaxed about his sentence when they last spoke.

Interesting indeed, Castile.

“A vacation, perhaps - though I do not think I can call Hyaline my home any longer.” The grin that slides dastardly up his lips tells all. “Kagerus could not handle a rebuttal to unwarranted insults, so she dismissed me in a dream. I suppose disagreeing even a little bit is unacceptable. Smells of tyranny to me.”

A pause that stretches between them, then -

“Perhaps I am not the bitch you thought I was - though I am relieved to no longer be considered a pawn.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes; - by Castile - 02-13-2019, 10:45 AM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-13-2019, 10:23 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 02-18-2019, 09:51 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 03-04-2019, 03:47 PM