• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

PTERON
    "They'll come find me," Pteron assures the coyote. "Even if we're gonna go somewhere else after, they'll come get me first." This he is doubly certain of, even more than the fact that Loess will be the first place they check. Mother had wanted him to stay in the Brilliant Pampas where he would be safe, but the bold young colt had made no secret of his intention. They'd find him here in Loess when they returned, and thus was borne his loyalty to the rugged kingdom. 

Taking the ground way means taking the long way, but he is careful to lead the blind animal over the smoothest path. There are rocky shortcuts but Pteron takes the longer route, flicking his blue-rimmed ears back toward the dusty coyote from time to time to make sure he is still there.

When they reach the spring, Pteron pauses. He considers leading Wyrm directly into the water, but then decides that he'd rather not muddy the water. Instead he steps to the side but flicks his tail forward, and indication that Wyrm might continue onward.

"The drop off's a bit steep." he tells the older creature with a bit of warning in his voice. "Unless you're good at swimming I wouldn't go to deep. A lotta the water holes here are like that. If you want to swim the Crescent Lake is a good spot for that. The hot springs even keep it warm in the winter, or so I've heard."

@[Wyrm]

Messages In This Thread
    PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-10-2019, 09:05 AM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-10-2019, 08:00 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-11-2019, 06:46 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-20-2019, 10:30 AM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-22-2019, 08:20 AM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-23-2019, 03:47 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-23-2019, 06:50 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 03-05-2019, 10:48 AM