• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait on you, at the bottom of the deep blue sea; Lynx

Lynx has always been on the other side of the one-sided mirror.

She’s always known what it’s like to see into everyone else’s mind—to know their truths, their ugliest secrets, the darkest pieces of their mind. She’s always been able to see directly into their hearts and, because of it, she’s struggled to trust. How could she open her heart when everyone around her was so ugly? So deceptive? So cruel? It was only when she met Fox—someone so kind, so loving, so pure—that she had changed at all, that she had begun to doubt the blanket judgment she’d laid across everyone.

But now she has a daughter who can read her as well as she can read others—and she would be lying if she didn’t admit that she was at least a little shaken. She’s never experienced the invasion of privacy that she’s always enjoyed as a luxury against others. It leaves her a little off-kilter, wanting to be open with her daughter while also shying away from certain topics and the thoughts that they may raise within her.

Still, with her daughter so upset against her, she finds she can’t deny her now. Instead she simply sighs, taking a deep breath. “It is complicated.” Which is more evasive than she meant to be. “I have a twin brother, Levi. We were close.” As close as she could be to someone, at least. “And my parents, Offspring and Isle, were in love.” Lynx swallows, fighting to get to the truth of it, fighting to be honest.

“Until they weren’t.”

She leans down and presses a kiss to her daughter again. “Sometimes, things don’t last forever.” Her mind is a storm cloud, her thoughts tumultuous. “Even when you want them to.” Another pause as she attempts to sort out her own thoughts. “Some people are dishonest and don’t deserve the love you give them.” Her thoughts turn frigid when she thinks of her father but she shakes it off, shakes off the fury that curdles.  “Because there are plenty who do deserve your love—and it’s taken me a long time to realize that.”

- lynx -

love brought     weight to this heart of mine

@[Persea]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wait on you, at the bottom of the deep blue sea; Lynx - by lynx - 02-23-2019, 08:40 PM