• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cress;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile can see how thoughts chase each other through her mind, how she is warring with herself about the validity of his statements. He wants to smile, but that would expose his realization, his goals. While the words tumble easily enough past his lips, he feints casual honesty. Farther down, however, deep in the dark corridors of his mind, he is poisoning her ideas. Inch by inch, he cuts away the hope she has of the Resort’s success. He strips away her hopes that they would welcome her back with open arms. He ties strings to her limbs as her puppeteer and lures her closer into his – into Loess’ – embrace.

”Oh, a family affair!” His voice is deep and gravelly as his expression brightens upon hearing that her family is also among them. ”That’s more reason for you to remain, no?” He, too, has corralled his children, mother, father, and… consort? Into the kingdom. They belong with him. They need each other and to maintain a formidable unity. They are dragonborne. They are elite. The tight bond among them is forged even more powerfully when congregated in a single location. It warms him to see father basking in the sun and mother wandering the rocky hills and Reia scrambling for others her age.

They need each other.
    The closer they are, the less likely others will tear them apart (arrogant. So arrogant).

Cress is responsive to his methods as she considers rooting herself now, but her words still lean toward a temporary fix. Castile isn’t one to beg or kiss anyone’s feet. Those days have long since passed. His ambitions are aligned with Loess and her wellbeing, to attract those of worth and power into its borders. She, is one of them. ”It happens,” he confesses, suddenly softened by her confession as he reflects on his own life and the nomadic years that led him from one place to another. ”Loess may grow on you.” The poison dripping from his lips has subsided, yielding to sincerity and compassion. ”Nerine was always my home, but then I found myself in Hyaline, here, Icicle Island, Island resort, then back here to Loess. It’s only now, after so many years being away, that this place feels like home.” As the sun blankets across his back, Castile sweeps his tail idly before concluding, ”Sometimes it just takes a while.”

castile

@[Cress]

Messages In This Thread
    Cress; - by Castile - 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-20-2019, 12:21 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 02-24-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-25-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 09:02 PM