• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  feels like december knows me well // Haunt

feels like December knows me well

In pure abandonment of logic and manners, the strange child released a cacophony of giggles into the shadow-thick air between them. Arc could only pin his ears against the sound and sniff back some stray snot, using the giggles as a cover; a part of him felt flimsy and weak for cowering away from a foal so much smaller than he for no other reason than his own feelings of worthlessness; but there was nothing he could do to remedy these things right now.

It comes closer. The taller, broader Arc stomped a front foot in a timid display of discomfort and disapproval of the approach, but did not pursue further discouragement when the thing began to speak again. Instead, his watery silver eyes blinked and flickered away-and-towards the other's piercing yellow ones, seemingly incapable of deciding on looking at one space continuously, as though uncertain of which would be the appropriate choice in this situation. You can't blame him; it weren't as though Scorch taught him these kinds of nuances.

You taste different, the thing enunciated, as though that cleared everything up. It then grinned, to which Arc frowned deeply; when it stepped forward, Arc fought the urge to reach out and bite the thing which seemed to have no sense for personal space. In Arctyrus' world, he never got close to anyone, least of all his mother, who had already weaned him. The closeness made his skin crawl, and he knew he would have to do something to address it before this interaction ended.

"I'm Arctyrus," the colt whined, ears flopping and straightening anxiously. "Will you please back up? I don't like being so close to people - it makes me feel weird, you're making me feel weird!"

Arct
    yrus

@[Haunt]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: feels like december knows me well // Haunt - by Arctyrus - 02-19-2019, 06:25 PM