• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Then I meant it; TITUS
    titus
    one day it's here and then it's gone,
    how are you still holding on?
    Graeme doesn’t turn away from his teasing tone. She always was one to give it right back without care. It was something he really had grown to like about her. So, when she tugs at his forelock again, he gives her a soft snort of teasing annoyance. There is a smile on the edge of his lips not denying she hasn’t changed much since they last seen each other.

He never hides anything from the black pegasus mare. Somehow, despite all the times he hid his thoughts and feelings from the world, she always knew what he was thinking and feeling without saying a word. And she always had a good argument as to why he should tell her what was bothering him.

But he cannot say no to her after all those times he had opened up to her. Titus found a sense of peace and light in the dark tunnel he followed before Graeme. Yet, he falls back into that slump easily when his ray of sunshine was not around to remind him of those silver linings on his rainy days.

When Graeme sends Taron to go off and play, she is quick to draw to the point. Her seriousness is never without a caring smile though. Titus rolls his eyes, but when she mentions telling him about her woes, he cannot help but give his entire attention to her. His ears perk forward, listening to her entire story carefully.

Titus instantly didn’t like the guy already. Someone like Graeme deserved the world. He believed she needed to have someone that would always love and care for her. Simply Taron’s father was not that guy, and he was glad to hear that she was not caught up in still. But he does not miss the part where she feels regret when sharing the recent events of her life.

He takes a step forward, enclosing the space between them even more. Extending his muzzle out, he brushes his tenderly on her black neck. “I’m sorry Graeme,” his voice is soft, filled with regret and pain. Titus feels for Graeme, hearing something terrible happen to the only person who pulled him out of a dark rut hurts him more than anything. But Graeme still has not lost her sunshine, she finds the silver lining in her cloudy day.

The muddy stallion laughs softly in her response to offering to take him flying. “I would like one day to do that again.” It seemed so long ago when the two had spent their day together flying. One of the best days it has been for him. Titus would never forget it.

Another tug of his mane, and Graeme pushes her recent woes away. She asks him about his. He falls silent for a moment for two, looking for the words to say. “I don’t feel like I have a purpose anymore in life, Graeme. Ever since Wolfbane left the throne it has been nothing.” He can feel the stir of the frustration igniting within his chest. It burns with anger and annoyance. “Wolfbane had given me a position to be Head of War. For the first time I felt like I had been important. I had something to do in my life.”

But it soon faded away like everything else.

“And then they forgot about me. Just like my family did when I was brought here. Just like when that mare that took Venus and me, kept us a prisoner here.” He glances to Graeme, his eyes filling with water, but he holds the tears back. Titus would not cry. He has never been one to let the tears fall. There would never be a time for him to lose his strength, but the thread was breaking and eventually it would snap. “Will I always be forgotten or push aside so easily?” He asks, staring at Grame, looking so lost as he searches for any answers in her own eyes.

Titus sighs softly.
    son of rome and porcia
    male, classic champagne appaloosa
    ocelot-shifting, wings, immortality
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Graeme]

Messages In This Thread
    Then I meant it; TITUS - by Graeme - 02-04-2019, 10:18 AM
    RE: Then I meant it; TITUS - by Titus - 02-05-2019, 04:05 PM
    RE: Then I meant it; TITUS - by Graeme - 02-07-2019, 04:46 PM
    RE: Then I meant it; TITUS - by Titus - 02-22-2019, 03:20 PM
    RE: Then I meant it; TITUS - by Graeme - 03-31-2019, 10:49 PM