• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anywhere i go; magnus and/or any

Something within Hestoni’s gaze is weighty, something that is more than just a casual visitor or someone looking for a temporary respite. There’s something heavy that catches Magnus’ attention—snags it on the edge of a thorn—and he frowns in concentration, giving him the full weight of his thoughts.

He doesn’t need the ability to read minds to feel the turmoil within Hestoni and although he doesn’t comment on it directly, he can feel it imprint itself upon the meeting. “I am an extremely biased source but I can imagine few places more worthy to serve than Tephra.” His smile is crooked and warm, but the heat of it doesn’t quite reach his eyes, which remain concerned, shifting and observing quietly.

After another moment, Magnus takes a step back and beckons him forward.

“Why don’t you come further in and I can talk to you more about it?” It wouldn’t do to have Hestoni linger on the border and Magnus chooses instead to welcome him in like a brother, nodding toward the heart of the volcanic island. “I would be happy to show you around or answer any questions you may have.” There was a tinge of desperation in Hestoni’s request—something that hinted of the need to lose himself in work, to find a task to focus on, which was a reaction that Magnus resonated with deeply.

There had been more than once in his life where he’d sought the same.

And if he could provide it for this man then he’d do what he could.

He doesn’t push for more though. Doesn’t ask questions or dig for information. He simply walks side by side with him in companionable silence, content to lead him through the lush beauty of Tephra and willing to offer whatever information he could without any weight of expectations to go alongside it.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[Hestoni]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    anywhere i go; magnus and/or any - by Hestoni - 01-31-2019, 04:46 PM
    RE: anywhere i go; magnus and/or any - by magnus - 02-03-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: anywhere i go; magnus and/or any - by Hestoni - 02-06-2019, 06:09 PM
    RE: anywhere i go; magnus and/or any - by magnus - 02-08-2019, 02:14 AM