• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't have my head on straight, any

Starsin had left him with an offer so tantalizing, the first thing that Oxytocin does when he leaves her is goes and finds his daughter. “What do you want?” the dragoness had snapped when they met on the shores of the Resort, clearly agitated. “You,” he had responded, though his voice was neither cruel nor argumentative. Cress doesn’t hate her father much these days – over the years they had repaired much of their relationship – but she isn’t quite quick to trust him as he explains why he needs her to come with him. “I am immortal – you are not; if they are rounding up healers to murder them I need to protect you,” is what finally convinces her to come with him, though he can tell that she is almost too glad to be leaving the Resort.

They travel together towards Loess, using the time to catch up as father and daughter ought to do every once in a while. She explains how her own daughter, Dawn, is living in the Cove, and he in turn tells Cress of the new siblings she has – Barebone and Xyrem and Xartemis. They are all living in Loess, too, and she will have to meet all of them. He feels bad about lying to her, but it was necessary. If she believes her life is in danger while she is anywhere but Loess, she will go where it is safe. Dawn is in no danger, not being a healer herself, so she has nothing to worry about. He is sure that his granddaughter is very capable of taking care of herself, anyways. He had met the polar bear once.

At the entrance to Loess he bids her adieu, reminding her gently not to stray from the borders. They have taken... precautions for those that try to run, but hopefully Cress will remain a willing captive here. It’s for her own safety, he assures himself, and for his own selfish gains. Starsin had promised things if he were to bring back a healer – and there was no way she knew that he has a daughter that is a healer – and naturally, he had taken advantage of the fact. It’s not as if she had seemed happy in her current home any longer, anways.

OXYTOCIN

I don't have my head on straight

tl;dr he brought cress
    immune.

Messages In This Thread
    i don't have my head on straight, any - by Oxytocin - 01-29-2019, 10:49 PM