• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Birthing; Shah, Brennen, any.

feels like December knows me well

There was yelling, and then silence; the small child bleated weakly at the disturbance, sticky lips parting to emit the babyish sound into the universe. His first sound: one of pure fear and confusion, one which was ripe with need for the mother who had abandoned him. Beneath him, his legs flailed, and then grew still; for a warmth manifested nearby, and somehow steadied his panicking heart.

Well now, it’s not all that bad. Or, well, it might be but it won’t stay that way. I’m Brennen, my little man, and I’m sure we’ll get your name out of your mother before you have to worry too much about it.

Before long, the colt's eyes were cleared of afterbirth, and he blinked them wildly until the world came into focus. Before him laid the large figure of a bay pegasus, one whom he immediately imprinted upon, one whose voice inspired pure calm. A confused smile wriggled its way on to the babe's lips, one desperate to please, one anxious of reprimand; but no such reprimand came, and before long, the boy crawled his way into Brennen's embrace, curling himself beneath the other's wing just as he had in Scorch's womb.

Arctyrus, came a very familiar voice, one which sent chills down the boy's spine. His name is Arctyrus.

Trembling somewhat, the boy peered out from beneath Brennen's inky black feathers, and was struck to his core by the intense, unwavering gaze his mother leant him; he sat as though petrified to stone, unable to move or to waver beneath the stare of someone who was supposed to love him. After a heartbeat longer, the colt burst into shadow; and, wrapped up in his auro of blackness, he found that he could finally breathe.

Arct
    yrus

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Birthing; Shah, Brennen, any. - by Arctyrus - 01-27-2019, 09:01 PM