• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Brilliant Pampas: Round 2
    Dreaming amidst the field of wildflowers, my legs began to twitch and tremble, kicking against the delicate stems. Heady perfume filled the air and my lungs, dragging me into a dark place. 

It was a dream, I think. The same field, the same flowers waving in subtle breezes, but the light... I had arrived at dawn, and now stood under a full noon sun. It was hot. Too hot to be healthy for me or for sweet petals. Looking skyward I feel sweat prick at my skin, searching for the heat source bearing down on the valley. The sun looks no larger, but it has gone red. That is when I smell it, the thick tang of sweet smoke filling the air. 

No sooner do I notice it than I see that the ghostly tendrils are everywhere. Every side of the valley has grown cloaked in churning darkness, filling the air and choking out the sun until it fell as dark as twilight. Instinctive panic began to set in, a desperate need to find an escape route somewhere among the wilting plants. The vines in my hair snagged and caught as I tried to run, dragging on their fellows like fearful friends not knowing they were making our survival a struggle. Heavy feet cut through the earth, heading toward a perceived break in the smoke wall. If I could just be fast enough, I might make it. 

Eyes streaming with burning tears, I have a moment of euphoric freedom. The moment is short lived. Instead of freedom, I find the fire. Tongues of crimson and gold eat at the earth, leaving a black tail in their wake. I can't see anything beyond the fire, just hungry heat reaching for everything in its path. 

I'm in the path. 

Spinning on my heel, I run back to the center of the valley. My eyes scan the horizon desperately only to be disappointed. There is no way out, and even worse, my ring of unburned ground has grown noticeably smaller. There is nothing but the smoke and I, standing in my field of blood red flowers, can do nothing about it but watch. 

My mane singes and curls into ash, head light with the lack of breathable air. This had been a trick, a cruel trick. They sent us here on a noble mission, and instead it seems they sent us here us here to die. It was faster than the plague, at any rate, I supposed, coughing on a lungful of smog and staring up at the bloody eye that had been the sun. I had loved the sun, and they were killing it. They were killing everyone. Had we brought this on ourselves? Did we have no one else to blame? 

Laying down, I felt the heat lick at my hips and shoulders, searing the skin from my flesh. A hoarse scream pulled through my blistered throat, burning away as soon as it hit the air. That very air was getting too hot to breath, and I knew it wouldn't be long before I succumbed to it. But maybe, just maybe, I would do some good. Maybe they would later come, and find a mare-shaped patch of crimson blooms had survived the burning. 

The fire engulfed me, unmade me. My world became a single point of pain, and then it became nothing at all. 

I screamed when I woke. Drank in lungs full of clean air, eyes wide with remnant fear and shaking with the memory of fire. I was alive, and intact and so were the flowers. The damn flowers.
    [Image: 90aww6.png]
    Twin to Erotic

Messages In This Thread
    Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by Beqanna Fairy - 01-23-2019, 09:58 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by Rouhi - 01-23-2019, 10:21 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by Nocturne - 01-23-2019, 10:28 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by GODBEAR - 01-23-2019, 10:29 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by Ferran - 01-23-2019, 10:37 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by Ilma - 01-23-2019, 10:39 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by luster - 01-23-2019, 10:43 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by wander - 01-23-2019, 10:49 AM
    RE: Brilliant Pampas: Round 2 - by Ruan - 01-23-2019, 11:40 AM