• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can't get you off my mind; LELIANA
    Chaol

She never seemed to realize that he was there, which he was fine with. He was watching out for her more than he expected her to socialize with her. Which he wanted but he completely understood her not wanting too. Or rather wanting his company and his touches but not feeling deserving of it. He understood. He knew broken. Could see it in her soul. He had been broken once. So lost in the despair of the unknown and the things that had happened that it had been a long time before he pulled himself out of it.

She would do the same, when she was ready. When it was time. And likely not a minute before then. There would be no rushing her, no making her get past her heartbreak. No. He was a patient guy and he would patiently wait for her to heal.

It has been a day or so since she gave birth, since he watched her birth the baby girl with the rushing of the water drowning everything else out. He watched her name her, saw the sorrow in her eyes and stood in the shadows as she was greeted by two others.

He does not crowd her, he does not go forwards to add his voice to the crowd. He waits, giving her space and time before he finds her again. She does not move much anymore, and it was only with luck that he had been with her the day she had moved to give birth elsewhere.

He doesn’t come up along side her like he wanted to. He moves until she can see him and then moves closer to press his lips softly against her shoulder. “Hello beautiful,” he says softly. Presses his chest against hers, his teeth nibbling affectionately at the base of her wings before he steps back to look at her face. “Something’s different about you…” A twinkling speck of mischief in his eyes as he takes a long look at her. He circles around her, his eyes landing on Malca with a smile. “Ah, there she is.” He lowers his head to meet the filly’s gaze. “Hello little imp. What’s your name?”

His nose reaching to automatically store the girl’s scent in his brain, cataloging it along with Adna and Lily. He would do the same with Sabbath, once he managed to meet her. He notes the milky eye but his smile is easy when he turns back to Lily. “She’s gorgeous like her momma.”

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    I can't get you off my mind; LELIANA - by Chaol - 01-14-2019, 12:15 AM