• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A not-long-not-short, normal BQ quiz:
    1. Ok, so what did you do this weekend?
    Well I mostly puttered around trying to throw things away but also pack things I don't need since they could tell me move tomorrow or in two weeks when we're in the middle of horse shows. Then I made a cheesecake and went to dinner with a coworker and her husband; it was very nice. Oh and I updated all my syllabi for class to start Monday. Tomorrow. Shit.

2. Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    I'm working on a Labyrinth based quest for the next time we don't have any other quests in a while. So it's about rescuing someone you wished away to the Goblin King/Goblin Faerie and then do the things you do. Prizes would depend on the choices characters made, but you can imagine.

3. What are 3 things that you love about your own writing? Why?
    Hm. I don't, really. I love my characters, I'm very attached to them, but as far as my writing I don't have feelings about it? I mean it's usually uh mechanically correct. /shrugs/

4. What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics) writing, and why?
    I love the way that you all write such vivid characters that I get to follow. I love that you do things with/to your characters I would never think of. I love that some of you have such complex characters that should be very unlikeable but yet I do like them.

5. What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    Read more books.
    Explore things you're slightly uncomfortable with.
    Put words to paper even on days you don't feel good about it, because we love you anyway.

6. Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    Suspicious.

7. What is your favourite book of all time, or right now? Why?
    Um favorite of all time is anything set in Tortall by Tamora Pierce, especially the Alanna and Keladry books. Most recently I've been reading An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabraa Tahir and WOW. Read it.

8. What is your dream pet?
    Like most of you if you're honest, I've always really wanted a dragon, unicorn, or gryphon.

9. What is your favourite BQ story right now? Like, plot or otherwise.
    I'm super anticipating the Scorch x Hestoni reunion.
    I'm having fun posting Kellyn to Ivar.
    I think Sylva & Loess have such a possibility for trouble.
    Poor Adna.

10. Which character (your own) are you most proud of? Why?
    Well, honestly, Brennen. I was never sure if I'd click with him years ago because typically I struggle with stallions, but now he's like my fav. But also Rhonen had a very satisfying character arch eventually.

11. Which character (your own) are you least proud of? Why?
    Ugh take your pick of characters that have SO MUCH POTENTIAL and I just don't click with them all the time. Kellyn, Elite's coma child. Bristol, who is PRAGUE x BRENNEN. Blue, who is Scorch x Brennen but not special yet despite my best efforts. Ryan, who's totally fleshed out in my head but never quite gets to paper correctly.

12. If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    I'd rather everyone have their own laptop. We'd never get anything done in a computer lab.

13. If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    WTF?

14. What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    Aliens. Obviously.

15. What is one thing about you that no one knows?
    I'm really an open book. What you see is what you get.

16. What do you want to do when you grow up?
    Teach horseback riding and horse science for a living. Wait.

17. Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    I really, really want to go riding in Ireland.

18. What is your favourite BQ trait and why?
    Uh, well, my favorites have been temporal manipulation and mediumship. Temp manip because I used it for a kickass plot and it's fun and mediumship because I have a thing about history and bloodlines and it facilitates that.

19. What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
    Um, well, I learned that Leander and Noah are related does that count. :|

20. Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer.
    What are you binge watching right now?
    ->I finished Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix and am working my way through Criminal Minds because they took off White Collar which is what I really wanted to binge.

Messages In This Thread
    A not-long-not-short, normal BQ quiz: - by Nev - 01-13-2019, 03:10 PM
    RE: A not-long-not-short, normal BQ quiz: - by devin - 01-13-2019, 06:52 PM