• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness; any

She's got the devil's eyes

It is a very rare few who have any awareness of the more extended reaches of their family. Even her own knowledge grows hazy beyond a certain reach. But she had learned some time ago of the familial connection, though it grows more distant with each generation. If she is surprised, it is only in that he too is aware of it. After all, a man with a family as far flung and extended as his could hardly be expected to keep track, especially given the generations that separate them.

Still, she is pleasantly surprised, and perhaps it could provide another stone in the foundation of the friendly relationship she hoped to have with him. His words bring a faint smile to her lips, a barely there quirk but genuine nevertheless. Her features remain otherwise unreadable, a mask they had each perfected in their own ways, whatever mild surprise she may have felt easily hidden.

“Can I ask… what is it, truly, that made you decide to bring your kingdom to Nerine?” Forthright as ever, even now she does not hold back. She knows the lovely, distilled answer he gives publicly of course. And she knows his history with her grandmother. What she does not know, despite all her abilities, are the thoughts and reasons that remain silent and unspoken. All the things impossible to see with the eye. And she's curious of course, given such a drastic action.

Perhaps he wouldn't wish to tell her. She wouldn't fault him for it. But as far as she is concerned, nothing ventured, nothing gained. And perhaps she has caught him in a sharing mood.

And, just perhaps, they might find some common ground. A shared goal even.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; any - by Brennen - 01-07-2019, 12:12 AM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Heartfire - 01-24-2019, 03:57 PM