• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness; any
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    She isn’t someone he was looking for, but he wasn’t really looking to speak to anyone in particular, anyway. The pair of them – Brennen, and the parrot – watch her approach with a kind of patient curiosity. He doesn’t really move, though he shifts to mirror her movements as she approaches. They’ve moved around each other, near each other, sometimes even collided in moments, but it’s true that they’ve never really had a chance to interact by themselves. But she’s Scorch’s, and Scorch…well…he’s not sure what he is to Scorch anymore, but he’ll protect her family like he protects his own.

He frowns, though, just slightly, because she’s pinging against the magic net he’s cast to keep an eye on his extended family and not in a way that says ‘Scorch’s grandchild’. Or, anyway, not just ‘Scorch’s grandchild’. As it turns out, Heartfire was already Brennen’s. He remembers Cy – they’d gotten along well enough that they’d come back together three times, but he’d never met Heartfire’s grandmother, even though Cy had left him the twins to raise. His strange little Grye is Heartfire’s uncle of all things. “I’d like that too,” he agrees, and after a moment’s hesitation he adds, “great-granddaughter.”

A little quirk of a half-smile, which is as honest an expression as most out of Brennen, because you’re better off learning to read the expressions in the bay stallion’s eyes than relying on the expression he pastes on his face. He’s curious about her, about her life, but he figures he’ll wait quietly first to make sure that she recovers if the family connection throws her for a loop. He was surprised, himself, but he’s used to recovering from those sorts of surprises by now; his family isn’t small, and it’s been way easier to find them with the magic than before.

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; any - by Brennen - 01-07-2019, 12:12 AM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Brennen - 01-14-2019, 08:34 PM