• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stranger in this land; colby pony

— I'll break you a hundred different ways —

He is humored by the for now that she adds to the end of her statement, and the unspoken but implied threat that lingers there. She did not fear him, as some did; although their fear was often unfounded. An awkward puppet of bones is all he was once evening fell, but for some reason the sight of his fleshless form was disturbing to most. Of course, she had no reason to fear him. He could see the sharp teeth that had glinted in her mouth, and knew she would delight in the feel of his bones being ground to dust with the force of her bite. He didn’t fear her either, however. Let her bite – he wouldn't feel it.

When he does not press further, it is difficult to say if he is respecting her warning – which he gives no indication of having noticed – or if he has simply decided on his own to not continue to encroach upon her space. It is tempting. Tempting to see how far he can push her, until she snapped at him. Perhaps another time, should their paths ever cross in the daylight hours. Teeth against flesh was for more filling than the empty clatter of bone. “I’m sure you do,” He concedes to what she says of her array of prey, teeth clacking as they meet with each word, and with no flesh or skin to keep the sound concealed.

There is another haunting tilt of his head at her question, staring at her with void sockets. He doesn’t attempt to agree or disagree with the inquiring lilt in which she says horse, and instead only answers her. “Solitude. Their questions are annoying.” His head swings in the direction that would lead towards the meadow or the river, both of which were far more densely populated than the forest tended to be. The land was full of peculiarities, but it still didn't seem to keep the stares and questions at bay. 

He turns back to her, then, asking almost abruptly, “Who are you?”

— and I'll make you remember my face —

Nightlock

@[Sochi]

I'm sorry I made you wait two weeks for trash, but, I love you <3

Messages In This Thread
    stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-04-2019, 10:50 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-16-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-30-2019, 10:40 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by Nightlock - 02-17-2019, 07:14 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 02-17-2019, 09:09 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 03-06-2019, 01:13 AM