• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any
    Ivar appreciates the buckskin’s bluntness, his firm intention to keep Tephra as the monarchy of the west. Ivar, who considers himself a king of whatever body of what he is in, does not especially care what sort of titles they wear on land. If Magnus wishes to be the king of his volcano, Ivar won’t begrudge him that.

When the other stallion pauses, having just voiced the possibility of a symbiotic relationship between them, Ivar says nothing. He does flick his ears forward, as though waiting for Magnus to continue, a clear sign that he is listening, if not especially responsive. Magnus wishes the west to form a united front but Ivar is apathetic. He thinks himself strong enough to face any threat and relishes quarrels, but he is not in the mood for one today. Not when he is satiated and there is a possibility that peace – even a tentative one – might lure a certain greyed lavender mare from Tephra back to the shores of Ischia.

“We’ll direct our aggression away from Tephra,” Ivar finally says. It’s not quite Magnus had hoped for, Ivar is sure, but the kelpie considers it a worthwhile sacrifice. “I think the new leader of Island Resort will be more inclined to return my possessions than the last was, so I doubt we’ll have issues there either.”  Ivar has always been polite enough to keep his teeth away from Castile’s women, after all; he expects the same courtesy in return.

The genetic compulsion to keep his word when speaking on land is to Magnus benefit, though the buckskin won’t ever know. Ivar also doesn’t consider his intentions toward Karat to be aggressive, though he’s not made any effort to hide his interest in the lavender mare. He’s been occupied on the island of late, but he is easily bored and Tephra is not so terribly far away.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any - by Ivar - 01-20-2019, 12:56 PM