• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

Magnus has allowed the events concerning Ischia to simmer in the back of his mind for a while now. He remembers when the lavender mare had returned, eyes steely. He remembers when the members had arrived on his borders, attempting to persuade one of his own to return and take a position of power. It has not settled well with him, leaving him uneasy and causing the golden King to spend a good amount of time on the beach, angling his head toward the waters, wondering just what lies beyond the sea.

For a while, he has not taken the bait, not bitten down on the lead, simply because he has had enough to take care of in the immediate vicinity. However, enough time has passed that he can no longer ignore what he knows lives out in the ether. So when the sun rises, so does he. Tephra remains wrapped in the light of dusk, the edges of her shadows blurred and the land quiet with mist rising from the water. 

He walks amongst the sleeping residents, moving silently as he finds the path to the beach.

When he reaches the water, he slips in, feeling the gentle press of the waves as he moves forward. Soon, his legs leave the sand and they begin to churn beneath him as he makes the relatively easy swim to the other kingdom. Still, when he finally pulls himself on that beach, his crushed gold body damp with the saltwater and the brine, he is breathing deeply and evenly, the sweat gathering on his crest.

He hasn’t asked any one else to join him on this journey, not willing to risk anyone else’s safety for a trip with an outcome he cannot predict, but neither does he bar anyone else from joining.

Instead, he simply stands on the beach, gold-flecked eyes steady, breathing even, and his nerves just barely fluttering on the edges, his war-trained body ready for whatever will greet him.

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Ivar] - i figured they should chat IC about the relationship between tephra and ischia.
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any - by magnus - 01-03-2019, 12:31 AM