• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i don't like to talk if i'm not being heard
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

For the first time in her life, she didn’t really have a home.

She had multiple places she could go. She could go back to Hyaline, or even to the Cove, although she had never actually been there, but she knows Kagerus and Solace wouldn’t mind. She could stay at Icicle Isle, with Breckin, but obviously that meant her father would be there, too. Nerine had recently felt more like a prison, rather than a home. She loved her father – that wasn’t the problem. What she couldn’t handle was the way he was suddenly smothering her, so incredibly afraid of her being hurt that he can hardly stand to let her even breathe.

Chryseis hadn’t completely decided yet if she was staying in Tephra with Rhaegor, permanently,  but it was better than any of her other options at the moment. She had freedom to wander, without being followed, or lectured after she returned. Rhaegor knew trying to keep her contained was futile – she had been chaotic since the day she was born.

Today, however, she has decided to venture outside of Tephra, for the first time in a few days. Rhaegor was busy, and because she didn’t want Magnus to think she was some giggly, lovestruck girl (which, she kind of was) that just followed him everywhere, she was finding her own entertainment. She steps lightly over the lava fields, which reminded her a little bit of the mountainous terrain of Hyaline, and she wonders if that’s where her legs are going to take her. She didn’t often put much thought into where she was going; she just traveled, and usually got sidetracked by something, or someone.

Even being winter, Tephra was warm, and her blue roan coat had begun to smooth and slicken even though the rest of Beqanna was much cooler. The further she traveled from the volcano, the cooler the air became, and by the time she reaches the border of Tephra and Taiga, it is almost a different world. The forest lays stretched before her, daunting in the way it looks like a wall of shadow and pine. She is about to mindlessly cross into it, when she hears a sound - a soft call, one that sounded a little unsure.

Sliding to a stop, she turns her gold-blazed face, her eyes settling on the spotted filly. She is immediately reminded of her little sister, Eurwen, and the resemblance is a little uncanny – this girl obviously doesn’t look like Breckin, but there was still something about her that just seemed familiar. She offers her a smile, bright and inviting, just as she does to everyone. ”Hi!” By now she has turned and is walking towards her, a little bit cautiously, as she tries to gauge the other girl’s reaction, wondering if perhaps she was just returning home, or if she was a newcomer. ”I’m Chryseis. Do you live in Tephra?”

chryseis

@[naia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't like to talk if i'm not being heard - by Chryseis - 01-05-2019, 03:56 AM