• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you, ivar/anyone
    Ivar has thought of Chryseis approximately zero times since their last encounter.

Even the remarks from a gold-marked roan had not conjured her image, so as he sees her standing on the pale sand he pauses for a moment to remember her name. In the time that takes, the blue filly is joined by a third horse. The shimmer of heat makes it difficult to identify by sight, but there are few dark piebalds on the island, and by the time Ivar has reached them he’s already smiling at his son.

“Chryseis.” He says, introducing the girl to his son, “This is Lothbrok.”There is no denying the resemblance between the kelpie and his son; creatures cut from the very same cloth. The tricolored creature glances down at Chryseis, and then back at Lothbrok. “I’m glad you came to visit,” he says, the very picture of politeness. He’d meant to keep the girl here for himself (it is never hard to convince young women to stay in a literal paradise), but perhaps Lothbrok would like to have her instead. Ivar has no interest in her, not yet. Her father’s warnings weren’t wrong, but the kelpie poses no danger to her, at least not for now.

“Or did you come for something else?” There have been a surprisingly number of diplomatic visits of late. Ivar had nearly forgotten how to deal with them, and he is grateful that Hyaline had been thoughtful enough to send someone pretty. Chryseis is young for a diplomat though, and she doesn’t seem to have arrived with anyone else. Ivar’s golden gaze sweep the horizon once more, just to be certain. Unlikely that she’s here on official business then.

He glances then at Lothbrok, curious how his son might react to the stranger.

@[Chryseis] @[Lothbrok]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you, ivar/anyone - by Ivar - 12-31-2018, 02:49 PM