• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

splashing through the sandbar; LEILAN

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Willa seems, all things taken into account, just a tad tiny teeny bit less scared than before. Whether that is due to their meeting remains to be seen, but perhaps she had found a bit more peace of mind. Or the plague might have helped - ironic as it may sound, it had rid the common lands from being overcrowded somehow, like she states herself.

He notes how she brings herself to coming closer; she can make the two steps she takes seem like travelling two mountains, yet, she does it, and that’s something. To him, more or less confirmation of what he sees in her stance, and the way she doesn’t totally avert looking him in the eye. So, he allows himself to smile back at her a bit before answering. ”Yes, seems like they are. It’s concerning how everybody is fleeing to the safe lands, in a way, but I guess maybe for you, it’s been a good thing.” Knowing full well how much she preferred the quiet.

She brings herself to converse with a question. He makes a face. ”Too many things going on at once, I guess. Half this kingdom fled to the nearby plague-free island, Icicle Isle, and then some others showed up there but with intentions I couldn’t quite get behind. Needless so say we’ve been having some trouble sorting out leadership there. I’d hoped it could have just been a territory for Nerine, so that everyone can be welcomed.” He doesn’t add exactly how involved he is; probably she doesn’t want or need to know. If she does, she can ask, but honestly, his titles are not something he likes to boast about. There must have been a time when he was younger, that he might have - a shiny title as an addition to his shiny self. But even then he’d said that ruling would suck, and he still stood behind it, but he had also had to help his wife rule Nerine in some way, and had figured that ruling a Territory for her (without having to do the diplomatic relations himself) could help her in the way that she didn’t have to worry about it much. ”Then there’s still my teenage kids running around the world and other lands that have settled issues like these already, coming knocking at our doors for diplomatic discussions.” A wry smile. Surely she understands that some things had taken him more time to deal with than he had anticipated.

Then again Willa was simply one looking for a safe place, and perhaps she had no interest in diplomacy and kingdom business at the moment. He muses about that, falling silent a moment before he changes the subject. ”Would you like to stay and meet other residents of Nerine? There’s some here that I think...” he tilts his head thoughtfully, looks back at her then. ”It could be helpful for you, I think.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Willa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    splashing through the sandbar; LEILAN - by Willa - 12-30-2018, 07:13 AM
    RE: splashing through the sandbar; LEILAN - by Leilan - 01-06-2019, 07:26 AM