• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [Bruise] Me and the Devil, walking side by side;

I call him the devil because he makes me want to sin

Her naivety is beautiful in its own way, he supposes. It’s a thin, feeble thing, and he wants to hold it up to the light, wants to watch as it filters through it, sheer and sparking. It would be wonderful to watch it fracture apart. Just the right amount of pressure and—ah, it would splinter so beautifully. The idea of it almost puts a softness in his eye that he leverages, dipping his head a little and then looking up through the break in his sooty forelock. One corner of his lip lifts slightly as he catches her gaze and holds it.

“I’m okay,” he says quietly, his voice a little husky, a rumble up his slender, elegant throat. “I’ve managed to steer clear of it for now.” He pauses, lets an artificial concern touch his features, color his eyes into something genuine. He considers whether to step forward, to close the distance for her, but he decides against it—decides to let her come to him. Draw her in slowly but surely.

It’d be so much sweeter if she chose this of her own accord.

“I’m glad you found me,” he murmurs, almost to himself, before he shakes his head, growing quiet as she continues to talk. Something shimmers beneath his expression when she mentions their last encounter and he frowns, looks away to the horizon and lets the silence between them stretch long and thin, the moment growing brittle. Finally, after several moments, he looks back, studying her with a more neutral gaze.

“Your mother doesn’t like me much,” he says with a sigh, hoping he was right about her relationship with Heartfire. He rolls his shoulders, letting something like irritation and embarrassment wash over him. “I don’t know why,” he looks down, the frown deepening as he kicks the ground a little. “You probably shouldn’t stay here with me.” A pause as he glances up. “Although I would really like you to.”

He feels the anticipation build, his veins practically bubbling with it.

“But I’m selfish. So selfish. I shouldn’t want to keep such beauty around me. I’m so undeserving.”

(and every time he knocks, I can't help but let him in)

@[Briella]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Bruise] Me and the Devil, walking side by side; - by bruise - 12-24-2018, 12:20 AM