• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma and kali
    “C’mon, angel eyes,” Kirby crooned softly, nuzzling his sweet baby girl’s soft foxy fur. They’d spent way too much time sleeping and snuggled up all cozy like, not that he’d ever mind spending time cuddling his Kali baby. But it wasn’t good for her, spending so much time hiding away from the world, barely moving, not acting like her adorable, curious, bright-eyed self. Or the self she used to be, before Taiga.

“Show me your pretty face, huh, baby girl? Let’s go see Roma, you remember her, right? You love her, and she’s been wanting to see you.” Kali turned her momma’s gorgeous angel eyes up to look at him, peeking out of her favorite little grey fox face. “Yeah, see? I thought you might like that idea! C’mon, angel, let’s go say hi. Don’t worry, I’ll do all the talking if you want.”

He rose gracefully to his feet, cheating and letting the iron of his body flow seamlessly from lying curled around her to standing watch over her instead of lurching to his feet horse-style and having to take care to avoid stepping on his still so fragile baby girl. “Up you get, little darlin’, time to go visit.”

Kali obeyed, slowly, a hint of reluctance in her eyes and in the way she tucked herself up against his side, still clinging to him like her life depended on it. He brushed her forelock out of her eyes, pressed a kiss to her forehead, and made himself a cozy iron wing to wrap around her so she’d feel a little safer. That always seemed to help, though not nearly as much as it did when Kharon wrapped his wing around her. Still, it was an echo of that safe, home feeling, and it helped her relax against him.

One more little nuzzle, a soft little kiss to the side of her neck, and they were off, tracking down Roma to go say hello. Well. For him to go say hello, and for Kali to probably stare silently and sneak another snuggle. At least the walk would do her good. She’d gotten a little thin, could use some bulking up. He wasn’t sure if it was the lack of movement or the lack of appetite, or maybe the combination of the two, but his baby girl was looking a little...ribby. A little sharp in the hips and along her spine, her coat a little duller than it should be. He sighed and fussed over her, brushing his lips against her hair, tugging her a little closer with his makeshift wing.

Soon. God, he hoped at least, things would turn around soon. He’d already seen little hints of improvement. Playing with a new little friend, even if tentatively. More willingness to wander with any of them, as long as she could be tucked up against their side. He’d even caught a stray smile or two, and if that wasn’t progress he didn’t know what was. One step at a time, baby girl. It’s gonna be okay.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma and kali - by Kerberos - 12-14-2018, 05:00 PM