• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family
    “I only speak the truth.” He says in answer to being too kind. A flashback to when his grandfather would say something pretty to the mares to have them look at him in the same way, only to strike them down afterwards. Telling them they were never good enough, or what they needed to do. They were only flashes in his memories, because thankfully he had been so young when he had left. He did miss his mother sometimes though, wondered what had happened to her. He had hoped sometimes that she would be as strong as Leliana here afterwards, but he wasn’t so sure.

He softly laughs at her next set of words, a small chuckle while his lips find a spot on her neck and his teeth lightly nibble there before he speaks. “Don’t you get it Lily? From what I see you are the most important part of it all.” He pauses, waits until her eyes meet his own. “You are the glue, the bond, the fucking strength that gives them the will to stand strong, to fight, to fucking bleed to protect. You give all of yourself and you don’t even ask for them to love you back in return.” His wing tightens protectively around her.

“Take me for instance. Who knows what I would be doing now if I hadn’t seen a gorgeous girl out crying amongst the meadow. If I hadn’t stopped to make sure she was okay and then feel my heart lurch for her sorrow and her grief.” He sighs. “You didn’t ask for me to stay, to come back, to be a part of your life, but damn if I didn’t want it, didn’t want to. It would be easy to fall in love with you, so easy, but I won’t do that to your family. So this, this friendship is what we have yeah?” A twinkle in his eyes, a smile on his lips. “But don’t you think I wouldn’t absolutely stand next to anyone else in your family and protect you and the girls. Because I would, I would bleed and break anyone that tried to hurt you.”

His nose turns back towards her and he inhales her scent, closes his eyes a long moment. “Don’t you let anyone make you feel inferior Lily. Know in your heart that you are the strength of your entire family.” His eyes find hers again and he is quiet for a moment afterwards, letting his words sink in, the absolute truth of them in his eyes. And he wishes that he could warm her faster, with more than just the tightness of his wing across her back and his body along side hers. He wishes he had the magic to do so...for her.

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family - by Chaol - 12-30-2018, 06:51 AM