• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the mirror man was my opponent - anyone

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa misses the coast, though Hyaline still has one she doesn’t often spend much time on it. At no point in her life has she ever had a bad time on the edge of the world.

Her attention diverts from the gnashing sea and onto the unfamiliar man and as he speaks she rounds back toward him, this time to the opposite side. Her outside ear flicks to catch the cry of seabirds headed for their cliff-nests, the sea hiss-hissing all the while. The gruff voice and his tilted smirk warrant her quiet consideration for a beat. There is a little bit of mystery to him that she is not ready to believe is just affect. “A few.” She says, dark lashes dropping over her ochre eyes, thoughtful. Her tone has a fleeting kind of seriousness in it when she continues...“But I don’t know if I want to tell you about them.”

A smile pulls at the corners of her lips then. She arches her neck, and sidles up to bump her shoulder against his. “What’s your name?” A silvery purr accompanies the game look she gives the grullo. Just in case her proximity is unwelcome (it rarely is, but he might be less friendly than he seems), Kensa side steps and puts a little distance between them, pushing into the cool shadows of the trees, her slender white legs waltzing into the dewy tangle of fern and shrub. “Are you coming?” Of course she isn’t really leading anywhere, she has no place to go and no ideas for where he belongs but she’d enjoy a wander in the woods with a stranger.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Finnus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the mirror man was my opponent - anyone - by Kensa - 03-01-2019, 11:28 PM