• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the mirror man was my opponent - anyone
    He had wondered how long it might be before he would collide again, with another or the past or whatever.  At least he had been hopeful he would make it into the forest before all of that; give himself a chance to settle in a notch before maneuvering around the locals.  But chance and life have a strange way of twisting their cords into the same strand of knotted fuckery.  Like now, for example, when he takes all of three steps before practically tucking into a girl that manages to apparate out of nowhere.  Or at least it sure as hell seemed like it.

In response, she receives a slow blink as she glides beyond him to the point where he stood just before.  Kensa, she says and he waits, turning enough to stare at her sideways in deliberation.  Either that was a strange tongue of greeting or her name, and for once he grasps a fraction of his attention span for long enough to hear her voice carry over with more.  It crosses his mind to keep walking, keep pressing on, but really he was just in a hurry to go nowhere; might as well waste a few more minutes with inquisitive company.

As loaded as her question feels to him after she asks, and for as deeply as it cuts through to his own personal philosophies, he answers with raw truth.   “I don’t know,” he says with a rolling shrug of his dusky shoulder, nearly apathetic with his admittance.  She hadn’t asked for his name, and so he feels no obligation to give it yet; it may have been the polite thing to do, but good manners are a far reach from anything he’d ever want to claim to have in this world.  Instead of a name, he offers a raised brow and a one-sided grin, “Got any suggestions?”

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the mirror man was my opponent - anyone - by Finnus - 02-26-2019, 09:13 PM