• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Please stay, for this fear it will not die; Daemron.
    You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.

It seems as though Noori made the wrong decision – but are any of us surprised? Mouth agape and pupilless eyes blinking, the reborn child lays claim to ignorance, as is her usual wont when the consequences of her actions make themselves apparent. Not even the literalness of her youth could excuse her insolence in this instant, and yet, she clings to it; finds herself spiraling further into a childish persona, so far that she fails to even remember what the name Daemron means to her and her past life.

She is lucky, in this way, that Daemron bites his tongue and resolves to yell at her later. When she can no longer justify her actions under the pretense of youth and, later, insanity.

This one isn’t mine. The petals of Noori’s flowers close abruptly, as if stung by what the Noorison’s words. Their cutting edge brings sap to the nymph’s depthless eyes, its stickiness causing the droplets to fall at both an amusing and a pathetic pace. What the hell happened to you? Sniveling, Noori dared herself to raise her eyes from Daemron’s hooves to his face, but only succeeded to stare at the angrily expanding and contracting width of his chest. It will have to do.

“I died, I think…” Her voices trembles, its pitch whiny and uncertain; as she continues, however, it descends directly into a wet kind of hysteria. “If I could only re-re-relax, I think I would re-remember more-re.”

Of course, what happens next does little to help her; but she has done little with her life to merit any help, even from those who came from her womb. As her control over the wolf is challenged for, a feeble yelp escapes her, and yet, a listener would not feel more than perhaps one twinge of guilt. Even with sap streaming down her face and with her knees now firmly planted in the dirt as she barely maintains control, one would not feel bad for one’s actions. The wolf cries, but it feels to Noori as though the keening comes from her own lips.

The Noorison commands her let go; her obedience is immediate. For a moment, the wolf pup’s retreating footsteps fills the silence, each beat felt in the veins of the fallen goddess. She imagines for a moment that her life shall continue like this forever, her existence caught in hyperspace with only the dirt around her knees, the sap in her nose, and the footfalls of a forgotten pup to guide the rhythm of her heart; but, such things are not to be. She doesn’t deserve something so placid.

We’re leaving.

Now, mother.

Feeling a sob building in the back of her throat, Noori attempts to lift a leg – and slips in the dirt, falling flat on her side. She sees stars as her breath fails her. When at last she manages to gulp the air into her desperate lungs, a high-pitched wail emits from her girlish lips, though the sound is anything but sweet and simpering.

“What did I do wroo-hong-hooong, pleeeeeease, I d-d-don’t understa-haand-haaand, uh-huh, I’m uh-huh uh-huh sorryyyyy-hee-hee…”

Suffice to say, she fails to follow, rooted as she is betwixt the dirt and the misery she has sown for herself.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Please stay, for this fear it will not die; Daemron. - by Noori - 01-02-2019, 03:15 PM