• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    when all those shadows almost killed your light, gilt

can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars,
    I could really use a wish right now;

She still wavers somewhere between uncertainty and curiosity, watching the glimmering boy in front of her. There was something about him that terrified her, but not because of the outward differences in appearance — no, that part simply fascinated her. She couldn’t take her eyes away from his dragonly head and wings, and the way parts of him glittered like sun on water; it was why the first thing she had told him was how she found him pretty.

No, his unique looks are not what intimidate her. It was the sharpness in his aquamarine eyes, the way they sometimes glared at her, and the air he had about him of just seeming to not care. However, this was also why she stayed, instead of letting her fear of rejection drive her away. She wanted him to like her. The little jade-colored filly was so enthralled by him that she wanted to seek some sort of acceptance, without irritating him, which so far, she seems to be failing at.

It hadn’t occurred to her that he possibly had trouble speaking, that if his head and mouth were shaped differently than hers, then maybe his tongue would struggle to say the things that came so easily to her. But her patience is endless, even when he seemed irritated that she dared to even ask for his name. Something inherited from her mother seemed to be a thicker skin than many would expect from something as soft and fair as she, and it showed in the way her placid eyes never change, even as he growls and glares at her as he wrestles with the single syllable.

His achievement is met with an amiable smile, and a quiet exhale as she repeats, ”Gilt,” back to him.”It suits you.” And again her gentle brown eyes are drawn back to his golden markings, though she is sure he already knows why he was given such a name.

There is a moment of silence, but he is watching her, as though he is waiting for something. Blinking her long lashes, she finally realizes he hadn’t understood her name earlier. ”My name is Evenstar,” Aptly so, for the four-point star that sat centered on her forehead, vibrantly white against her pale green skin. ”But you can call me Max. My parents do.” It was a silly story, one that he probably didn’t care about, but she always had secretly liked that she had such a peculiar nickname – not something obvious, like Eve or Star.

The quiet settles over her again, the jade-colored girl watching the dragon colt and his little stash of treasures, and she scuffs at the snow with a front hoof, accidentally sending a few clumps spraying towards him. Her eyes immediately widen in alarm, before backing away and sheepishly ducking her head and muttering apologetically, ”I’m sorry, we don’t have snow where I live, I didn’t know it would, um, do that.” He already seemed so agitated by her presence, and she bites her lower lip, her brow knit together in worry. She really wasn’t good at this making friends business.

I'm praying that this stairway leads somewhere like Heaven's door,
    and when you get there don't look down

evenstar

@[Gilt]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when all those shadows almost killed your light, gilt - by Evenstar - 12-28-2018, 11:36 PM